Thursday, July 7, 2011

Worthwhile Day

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could.”

What is one thing you can do that would make today worthwhile? What’s stopping you from getting started right now?  (Author: Jessica Dang)

I started this day reading the prompt and then went to my do my water walking exercise.  I determined that I was going to see the God in the little things today.  My eyes were opened to several spiritual truths in the midst of my day. How I walk with the current in the lazy river at the pool and love doing that.  I walk fast and furious for a good 30-45 minutes.

Others that walk against the flow do two laps and go sit in the hot tub.

I realize we do that a lot with life, make it a lot harder than it needs to be. God wants us to "have and enjoy life to the the full, til it overflows."  See my post titled "What makes you happy" for more on this topic.

I also decided I was going to take care of myself better today and I did. I ate real food instead of just relying on protein shakes.  I felt better and I know I got better nutrition.

I also blogged on wordpress and on here but have decided I like blogspot a little better, at least for now.  (If I could just figure out how to ditch these infernal ads!)

I also determined that I need not follow a pre-determined scheme for writing devotionals.  What is a devotional besides a spiritual insight gained from everyday life?  I need to communicate that in my style not in some set way that various publishers say is a devotional format.

Everything I determined to incorporate into my day goes along with who I am and desire to be: A whole happy healthy woman of God encouraging other to discern truth in a powerful way.  And that's a WOW for today!

1 comment:

  1. You truly DID have a worthwhile day!! Take care!

    Peace, Nico

    ReplyDelete