Sunday, July 3, 2011

What would you be?


If a year from now you weren’t in the profession you’re currently in, what would you be in your wildest dreams? (Author: Ryan Allis)
That’s easy. I would be the author of a best-selling spiritually-oriented self-help book.  Something that really made a difference in the culture, in the everyday lives of people.  I would be writing full-time.  Ideas would be flowing freely.  I would be doing the work and making a living from it. Along with that I would be speaking to groups and sharing ideas that make a difference.

My actual job where I make a living is something that is easy for me. I run a small group home for a couple mentally challenged young ladies. I really cannot forsee stopping that. But if I were a best-selling author, I could hire someone I trusted (not just anyone, but someone I know and I know loves them).  This way I could work without interruption on books and books and more books.  Because I know they are in me. I have known this for a long time.

This is a wild dream because I realize how few people attain this goal.  But, Hey, you asked and I answered.

In the meantime I will continue to do the work I know I’m supposed to do.  I will continue to write. I will continue to post. I will do the work.

 What would you be? Come on dream with me.  Send it to me in a comment here or on facebook.

By the way, life purpose coaching is a great resource to help you get further along in reaching your goals.  I coach women using a great book called 10 Conversations on Purpose for Women by Katie Brazelton. Are you interested?  Let me know.  I have a few openings.

No comments:

Post a Comment