Sunday, June 12, 2011

Surprise book: #Trust30 Day 13


I will not hide my tastes or aversions. I will so trust that what is deep is holy, if we follow the truth, it will bring us out safe at last. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Think of a time when you didn’t think you were capable of doing something, but then surprised yourself.  How will you surprise yourself this week?  (Author: Ashley Ambirge)
I have always wanted to write a book. This has been a dream of mine since childhood and it has not gone away.  A new friend of mine that I had met at the church we were attending at the time had written a book that was selling at the then Promise Keepers Rallies held across the country. The book for men was titled "199 Ideas and Suggestions to Love and Honor Your Wife."  One day in conversation he asked me if I would write a similar book for women that would be "199 Ideas and Suggestions to Love and Honor Your Husband."

I really did not think I could. I was a journalist and newspaper editor but I had never written a book.  "Just pray about it," he said. And so I did.  In three days the book was written though I told him the title should be "199 Ideas and Suggestions to Love and Respect Your Husband."  He asked if he could be co-author and change the order of the ideas and the subject matter to match his. I agree and he published it.  That was over 10 years ago.  I was surprised that I was able to take the project on and complete it fairly effortlessly.

Books are still in my blood, in my heart, in my being.  This week, I will be on vacation. However, I will surprise myself by writing a plan and outline for at least one book.  This is my passion and desire.  I ask for God's guidance and I will so trust that what is deep within me is holy.

No comments:

Post a Comment