The secret of fortune is joy in our hands. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
What if today, right now, no jokes at all, you were actually in charge, the boss, the Head Honcho. Write the “call to arms” note you’re sending to everyone (staff, customers, suppliers, Board) charting the path ahead for the next 12 months and the next 5 years. Now take this manifesto, print it out somewhere you can see, preferably in big letters you can read from your chair.
You’re just written your own job description. You know what you have to do. Go!
(bonus: send it to the CEO with the title “The things we absolutely have to get right – nothing else matters.”)
(Author: Sasha Dichter)
OFFICE MEMO TO TLC HOME, TERESA PARKER LIFE COACHING AND WRITING SERVICES AND TERESA PARKER INDIVIDUALLY
June 25, 2011
|Clients, staff and family enjoy a day at HaHaTonka Park.|
It has come to my attention that we should have a plan to take us through the next 12 months and the years ahead.
The goal of this business and related services shall be to encourage all employees, clients and interested parties to enjoy a full and meaningful life, abundant life.
In light of this, our mission will be three-fold: Live, Love and Laugh.
This will be accomplished by implementing the following:
(Henceforth the word person(s) shall mean clients, employees and all interested individuals.
• Provide for basic needs including everything necessary to be healthy in body, mind and spirit. Survival is a given. Thriving and Living is the goal.
• Encourage each person to be their best self.
• Promote an always better quality of life for all concerned. This will be accomplished by truly caring for each and seeing each person as a uniquely wonderful and equal being created by God.
• Treat each person the way you would want to be treated.
• Find reasons to praise, compliment, encourage and provide positive support for each person.
• Value relationships those of others as well as your own.
• Encourage each person to find hobbies and activities that bring him/her joy.
• Find reasons to have joy in the midst of the day.
• Be positive. Even when difficult times come; see the silver lining in the clouds.
Five Year Plan
To be cognizant of changes in persons, their needs and their development.
To be open to the potential for assisting and helping others find the same quality of life presented here.
To take advantage of opportunities to expand as they are presented and God gives opportunity. Do not automatically write them off as undoable.