Friday, June 17, 2011

Dreams: #Trust30 Day 18

Abide in the simple and noble regions of thy life, obey thy heart. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Write down your top three dreams. Now write down what’s holding you back from them.  (Author: Michael Rad) I believe in the power of dreams, written and spoken.  What I have written here have been pie-in-the-sky dreams but now I realize they are dreams that require only action, planning and acceptance when they become real. The realization of dreams is really a gift from God.  A repayment for visualizing the dream, taking steps toward it, being consistent in those efforts and then accepting the gift that God is giving. 
Dream 1--Write books that make a difference for others.
Dream 2--Make trips to Guatemala and India.
Dream 3--Become totally debt free and then add additional living space to our home.
I’ll start with the last dream first.  This is a process that will be completed in five years if we stay on our current schedule.  Resistance comes into play when things come up that need to be paid. I become fearful when our savings get low.  So the thing that’s holding be back is fear.
The travel is both monetary and fear that I will hold everyone back because I am not able to walk as far or as fast. Again it is fear.
Write books that make a difference for others.  I am writing every day for the first time in a long time. Though often doubt begins to creep in that it will not matter to anyone else. Although I do write for myself and feel that is the first most important thing, I fear it will not matter to anyone. Again fear.
But God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of love, joy and a sound mind.  I will focus on the latter. I will do things afraid knowing the fear comes a place that is bent on defeating my dreams. I believe these dreams are from God. When they are realized, I will accept them as a gift from Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment