Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Death of Perfect: #Trust30 Day 12


The Death of Perfect
These are the voices which we hear in solitude, but they grow faint and inaudible as we enter into the world. Society everywhere is in conspiracy against the manhood of every one of its members. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Is fear holding you back from living your fullest life and being truly self expressed? Put yourself in the shoes of the you who’s already lived your dream and write out the answers to the following:
Is the insecurity you’re defending worth the dream you’ll never realize? or the love you’ll never venture? or the joy you’ll never feel?
Will the blunder matter in 10 years? Or 10 weeks? Or 10 days? Or 10 minutes?
Can you be happy being anything less than who you really are?
Now Do. The Thing. You Fear.

The thing I fear is being a failure. Not being perfect. Therefore I don’t try many things I don’t think will turn out close to perfect.

Truth is, I am already imperfect. I try to be the person who has it all together. But I am deciding right now to be my messy, imperfect self. 

Today is the death of perfect.

4 comments:

  1. In that case I won't send condolences but congratulations ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much more peaceful in the land of imperfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brava! Bravo! Wonderful insight.

    Seeing & believing my own imperfections allows me to empathize with others' imperfections. The very thing that compels me to take another's hand.

    Embrace it fully b/c imperfection is the ground on which all of us stand. And from which we grow as human beings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, a hearty welcome to the land of imperfection - I have lived here for a long time and I promise you it's such a blessing. Now go mess up your hair and put your feet on the kitchen table :o)

    ReplyDelete