Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Looking at Life from an Eternal Perspective















Not of this earth are we
Not bound by threads or chains or flesh
But free to roam through all eternity
Free to entwine our hearts with the very heart of God.

There are times I know
That Divinity seems more distant than the evening stars
Yet closer than the butterfly darting past.
Where are you God? Where aren’t you, God?

How can I comprehend You
When I see a friend die or a child is beaten and I know You could stop it?
Just one wave of Your hand would do
To make all time stand still.

I can’t even start to understand
Your thoughts, Your ways, Your goings and comings, Your heart.
And so I wait upon this land
For a day when I will soar with You.

Then I’ll know it all.
I’ll see the Master Plan and probably still not understand
But it will be more clear as I stand tall
A spectacle in the heavenly scheme.

We are forever
You and me and God and Jesus and the guy down the road we've never met.
We will die but never,
Always we will be somewhere.

Not of this earth are we
Not bound by threads or chains or flesh
But free to roam through all eternity
Free to entwine our hearts with the very heart of God.


3/15/01 5:37 p.m.

©2001 by Teresa Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment